Pages

Monday, January 2, 2017

Using a Multi-Needle Embroidery Machine to Create Fun Patches on Kids Jeans

Sewing on fun patches to kids pants can be difficult with a typical sewing machine but I've found that I can use my multi-needle embroidery machine to create fun patches to cover holes or to add fun appliques to add character to a old pair of jeans.


I set up a design file for the shape I wanted, in this case a simple heart shape with a bean stitch (triple stitch). 
 
Then I slip the whole leg into the arm of the machine and it's hooped up using quick connect frames with a bit of sticky stabilizer.  I run the stitching with a coordinating thread color.

Then I trimmed up the excess fabric but left about 1/4" of fabric and brushed along the edges to create a frayed look.

 
A super cute little patch in the shape of a heart and all done with my embroidery machine!!!

 
To finish them off I created a cute little fabric belt by taking a long strip of fabric, turning right sides together and stitching along the long side.   Turn the fabric inside out and turn in the edges and stitched them closed.  Now you have a stylish pair of pants instead of throwing out a pair of jeans with a little hole in the knees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments and feedback! I appreciate anyone who helps me to improve my business.

Thanks,
Corrina